CAS on Sunday

MFT Stamps

December 2, 2018

Today, I have a card (actually two cards) for the new to me CAS on Sunday challenge. I have been following their blog for awhile now and I finally decided to play along. This challenge was all about making a Christmas card in the CAS style. 


For my cards, I used the Free with $60. die from MFT Stamps Blog. MFT Stamps is always so generous with their free gifts with purchase and this die is definitely a favorite of mine!! Here is what the die looks like: 

To begin my cards, I cut a piece of paper to 2in x 4 in in size. I then cut thin strips of paper in a rainbow of colors and attached them to my small rectangle. Here is a photo of the process:


For my card front, I used the MFT Stamps: Wonky Stitched Rectangle die to cut out my panel. Then, I took my Christmas tree and die cut it out of the top center of my panel. Once I had my die cutting complete I used the MFT Stamps: Joyous Christmas stamp set for my sentiments. Next, I attached my rainbow panel behind my card front (die cut Christmas tree). I love the rainbow colors peeking through!!


I made one card with regular cardstock. Then, I went ahead and made a second card with glitter cardstock following the same steps.


Which do you prefer? I am loving the glitter...it was hard to photograph on this rainy day but it really does sparkle!

Supplies:
Stamp Set: MFT Stamps- Joyous Christmas
Dies: MFT Stamps- Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX, Free with $60. Christmas tree die
Paper: MFT Stamps- Cardstock and Color Celebration Glitter Cardstock

Enjoy your day,
Dana




Comments

  1. Gosh Dana - these are just totally fabulous! I hope you won't mind me using your idea for some cards of my own? Of course I'll give full credit to you, and also a blog friend who pointed me this way already did that when she used the same die with strips of snippets. I adore your blog - so many wonderful ideas and designs! Have added myself as a follower and can't understand how you don't have more?! I run a fun challenge called The Snippets Playground - it's one entry per fortnight with nice prizes. The real aim though is to share how we use our scraps and snippets and most of all to have fun and make links and some really good friends - all over the World! If you would like to come and play we'd love to have you - fresh ideas and inspiration are always really welcome. I always welcome new Playmates in a special fortnightly post I do and for a start you would pick up a good few followers I'm sure - you sound just our sort of Playmate. I live in England but send prizes all over the World quite happily and at no cost to the recipient. This sounds like sales talk - it isn't nor is it remotely a spam comment. I do hope you come and play! If you want to know more it's all on my blog or you can email me here: di_wray@hotmail.com

    Love and I so hope you think about it - your talent needs to be shared around!

    Di x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Di!! Your kindness made my day!! I sent you an email response too. Enjoy your weekend!!

      Delete
  2. 'tis me Dana - still wearing the asses ears. I fell like Eddie Murphy in 'Shrek'! Are we there yet? Your design was so well admired! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Di!! You just make me laugh!! Thank again for your kindness!! I will be playing on Saturday with your challenge. I finished my card yesterday (it is very similar to this one, so I only felt like it was fitting). Enjoy the rest of your week!

      Delete
    2. Yay! We'll have the bunting out, do come and play - and my pal Sarn makes an evil cocktail or three - her bar can be found behind the bike shed. Not that I'm meant to know about it of course! The Playground isn't for wimps in some respects. You will be expected to dive into the duck pond from a mountain of garden chairs as part of your initiation ceremony :) And you wonder why I sit back and let them run riot? Me not totally stooopid :) x

      Delete
  3. Fell? I meant to type feel - but maybe I fell as well :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment